Okay, so I totally have not been with it in getting my blog entries done...we were on vacation.
Last night I had to make a huge decision. It's huge in my opinion because I swear the next few days are gonna be a living nightmare....
I work 4 times a month. And really..that is just about the cushiest out of home work schedule I've ever heard of. Basically, it's just so as a nurse I can keep my foot in the door and keep up on my skills. I don't necessarily have to work.
However, my daughter Molly has made these four days a month a major challenge. She refuses to take a bottle. When I first went back to work she was 3 months and I tried and tried to get her to take a bottle, so she could eat while I was gone. I work nights so she really only needs the bottle for her night time snack and then she's generally good to go for the night. She absolutely stubbornly refuses. So usually when I work she cries herself to sleep finally and ends up sleeping most of the night in her swing. It's getting worse though. She is getting older, smarter, louder, and of course more stubborn. So the other night Matt actually had to drive her up to my work 45 minutes away, sleepy boys in tow, at 11 pm. Just so she could have the real thing. He drew the line and said something had to give.
Thus starting last night she is going to learn to take the bottle. It actually isn't that she can't. It's that she wont. She cried herself to sleep last night. Slept all night. Then woke up and after some fussing, took three ounces from the bottle. (she really can do it) This afternoon however, she has decided to go back to being stubborn, rubbing her face in my chest, making me feel like this awful guilty mother, and refusing to take her bottle. Now she is once again asleep.....
Her doctor says "no child will ever starve themselves,,,when they get hungry enough, they'll eat"
I'm not really sure this statement applies to Miss Molly however...she's STUBBORN!
1 comment:
I think you are so right on to make her do what YOU want! Start now by being the boss and letting her know what you expect! After all- YOU'RE the mom and you're only doing what's best for her. Good job!
Post a Comment