May 30, 2010

Camera no more....

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Unfortunately on our trip to Hawaii our camera was on the fritz...now I'm sad to say it definately has gone capooey! This benefits me because now I can get the camera I have always dreamed of. Unfortunately I don't know what that camera is. I am definately not very intelligent when it comes to devices. I do however want something that can take very nice pictures. I have been wanting to take some digital photography courses at the college or something to learn but I want a decent camera before I do that. Any ideas? Any camera saavy people out there? BriAnn? Heidi? Help...!

4 comments:

BriAnne said...

Well, I'm a Canon lover myself, but it all depends on how the camera feels in your hand. Matter of preference.....Nikons are good too. To get the most out of your camera, get one with the capability of interchanging lenses. You'll be limited without that option. If you're not wanting to do anything professional, but just want a good consumer level SLR, the Canon Rebel is awesome. They just came out with a new model for that line. I think it's called the T2i. Heard nothing but good things about it. If you're looking to do anything professional, get something more advanced, but the consumer level DSLR's are excellent for taking all around good pictures. Hope that helps!

Oh, and I only have the next model series up from the Rebel.....the 50d. It's wonderful....great to learn on and great to grow with. I put more money into my lenses.

Kate said...

Okay... I have the Nikon 40D and love it!! It's good for total beginners, but will take you as far as you want to go as you learn!

Heidi said...

If you're going the direction of a DSLR, camera body is all about preference & what you want to do with it. Here's a great site to help you choose... http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

I also believe that spending less on the camera body itself, and investing more in your lenses, is the best way to go. Normally the kit lenses are NOT going to give you the quality you're looking for.

Then there's the great Canon/Nikon debate. They're both awesome. (I'm a Canon girl myself) Just remember that it's hard to switch once you've made that initial investment. The 2 don't cross over on lenses or equipment. ;0)

Can't wait to hear what you decide! Good luck!

RR said...

1 shift at work=new camera!

Hurry I need to see your face!