Tanner started Kindergarten today! He was so quiet when we got to the school and nervous I think. We helped him find his teacher and she put him at the front of the line to lead the class in. We told him it was time for us to go and he quietly said "goodbye". I was nervous all morning. At lunchtime I called the school and Mrs. Metzenberg told me he was doing JUST GREAT! Such reflief for this momma, let me tell ya!
When I picked them up from the bus stop a VERY SMILING boy ran over to the car and said, "MOM I WAS SO GOOD! I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO GO TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE!" (insert...big brother McKade has been telling Tanner all the things he should not do or he will get sent to see Mrs. Dallas.) Anyway, it gave me a giggle.
We did take first day picks but Matt has to download them off his phone at work, so I will be posting those soon. In the meantime I found a pic that just says Tanner.
(Never look away even for a second when you have a VERY active toddler in your midst)
And to my friend Amanda....I know this MUST look like a very familiar scene in your own home. Gotta love boys!
1 comment:
The only problem is that I can't keep clothes on Jake! That boy thinks he is a nudist! It truly is amazing how your listening skills improve when you have a VERY active toddler. I know the sound that he freezer door makes as they are trying to climb into the fridge to get something, I know the second I hear the door open to the garage, I know the sound of each and every door in our house. It is amazing how fast they can move. The day will come that you will have to beg that boy to shower, so just remember the times that he couldn't wait to get his clothes off because he was so excited!!!!
Im so glad that someone else knows my pain!!!!
Post a Comment