February 6, 2013

Hoarder Mini

Ok so I have firm belief if there was a show for little kid hoarders Molly could very well be the star contestant! This girl literally saves EVERYTHING!

Her room has been a disastrous mess lately and I have been itching to get in there with her to clean it. We finally tackled that today after school. I am serious when I say we found her brothers socks stuffed inside two different purses, sewing machine parts in her kitchen center, scraps of paper inside an old Christmas stocking, about 30 stuffed animals....the list could go on!

I am a very organized person usually and this chaos I call her room drives me nuts!

She keeps gum wrappers, old greetings cards, every single piece of paper she has ever doodled on, stuffs clothes in the closet, and every single little nook and cranny contains piles of her "special collections" as she calls them. These collections can vary from plastic utensils, erasers, hair bands, unused band aids...usually things she has found around the house And for some reason hold an important value to her.

Matt and I used to joke that we will always know where Molly has been as we can go around and trace her steps by her collection piles. Any little hole or tiny space we can find stuff she has something stuffed in there.

So about halfway through cleaning her room i thought to snap a pic.



And our final result for the day...3 hrs later. Note the night sky through the window.,,




So just in case you are wondering if she really has the hoarder disease, she doesn't. I approached the topic with her doctor and she said while she loves her collections and wants to keep them safe and all she doesn't have any other tendencies at this stage. Not to say she still couldn't as she grew to be an Adult. Apparently it's just a stage she is going through....phew! (I am starting to think she gets it from my grandma...)

The funniest part of the whole cleanup process however was after Molly got bored and skipped out on me I kept trudging away at the room and when she finally came back she said "wow mom! This is beautiful! You are the Artist of Clean" she is so silly!

I'm honored to have the title!

- Posted By Brook

No comments: