Alice, my sister-in-law, has convinced me to enter into the world of blogging. I'm not really that computer savvy but slowly I think I'm learning. After going through a myspace phase, then facebook, now I'm ready for this new adventure. So I'm pretty darn sure that to start out with my blogspot is going to look pretty plain and original. I'm going to have to get some tips from Alice to figure out what the heck I'm doing.
You know, all this new technology is so crazy to me. When I was in grade school, I'm not even sure the internet existed. And if it did....well, I didn't know of it. It wasn't even until I was graduated from high school that I think I ever even had an email address. That was 1999. I look around me, and am in awe at times of the technilogical advances of our time. When elementary school kids are taking cell phones to school and communicate by text message during class. I mean, back in my day, the things teachers were most worried about was weather you had a hall pass to go to the bathroom, but now it's whether the kids are paying more attention to them or to their cell phones. It shocks me to see a 5 year old with their own phone. But I see it all the time. And the weird thing is ITS COMPLETELY NORMAL!!!
I'm in awe when I see my sister, who has never taken computer classes, zip through her files, and change things on her computer using these interesting looking codes. It's totally crazy that right now in life, you can't survive without having a cell phone or internet access. I for one, am so totally not sure what the heck anything means when I'm on the computer thus it takes me probably three times as long to do anything...(not to mention where I live we just have dial up internet!)
Anyway, I'm sure in the next 10 years we will see even more crazy things happening in this world. And in a huge way, I'm sure it will be totally awesome and great. But it seems that life was so different just 10 years ago. Whats next?
2 comments:
Well, princess mommy, this is princess gram. Your little prince was very good today. Smile Big!
I know, technology is mostly over my head. I leave that stuff for Dave.
Yeah! I'm so happy you are blogging. Now I just want to see pictures of your cute family.
Post a Comment