Way back like a year ago when Toy Story 3 previews first came out McKade decided that is what he wanted to do for his birthday. (I didn't mind cuz the Toy Story movies are actually my favorites from Disney) His birthday isn't technically until July 17 but we wanted to hit the movie opening day before all his friends had a chance to see the movie. Here's a small review of his party today: Get ready for blast off! No toy will be left behind!
This is the setup I did on my mom's buffet. Just a little decoration to make things cute. I added movie quotes to give it some flair...more for the grown ups to read of course.
The green alien men are one of my favorite parts of the movie. They are funny to me. So I had to add the claw in there. Toy Story 3 really played off the claw in this movie. There was a couple different times they had claw quotes.
That little guy is a printable I got off Disney's site. I also got a Buzz Lightyear. They were way too time consuming!
Party guests were invited to my mom's house aka Pizza Planet. Most know my mom because they either have her as a preschool teacher or they once did. Plus she lives more centrally located and not out in the country like we do.
We started out by playing a game until the pizza arrived. I had a bucket of odds and ends toy story stuff I got from the dollar store and walmart. They had to use a claw grabber thing to claw a toy out of the bucket blindfolded. It wasn't quite like the arcade claws but I was aiming for it somewhat.
A couple of the kids were missing but met us later at the theater. It was a packed table for sure. McKade chose Pizza Hut Pepperoni Lovers pizza for lunch since it's his favorite and Chocolate Milk. It just so happens the milk had Toy Story characters on the outside. They also had Jello Jigglers.
Singing Happy Birthday...
Making a wish...
Green Aliens. I got the idea out of the Family Fun Mag I got in the mail the other day. Just in time! I usually make a cake for the kids bdays but cupcakes are way easier for kids I think....and he will still get a cake on his birthday.
A closer look. I think they are kind of cute. How I made them. Chocolate cupcakes. Green homeade frosting. Harlboro fruit strips cut into ear shapes and a strip for the antenaee, mentos for the eyes and black frosting for the black dots and mouth. Easy peasy.
The birthday boy. I love you Kado!
After dessert the kids got goody bags, McKade opened his presents which he loved each and every one of, and then we loaded up and went to the theater to watch Toy Story 3. It was cute and the kids loved it. We had at least 25 people at the theater but once the movie started I think Tanner and Molly were the only ones that I had to say SHHHH! to. The kids were all in utter silence except for the funny scenes where they laughed. It sounds almost unbelievable, I know right?! Especially with kids ranging from 2 to 11. :-)
It was a fun day indeed!
4 comments:
Soooo cute. What a great idea.
This is the cutest idea ever! I love the cupcakes! Adorable!!!!
How cute are you!
Everything looked great. It looks like everyone had a fabulous time. Cute, cute!!
Post a Comment