I love the ages my kids are right now so much! They enjoy everything! We went to my parent's house as tradition every year. I bought a Casa Ramos party platter and then we went trick or treating. McKade was supposed to be Captain America this year but recently decided he wasn't going to go trick or treating anymore. He feels too old he says. :( I fear that we have just a few more years of doing the "kid stuff" with him. He has always been an old soul and I love him to pieces but I DON'T want him to grow up this fast! I WANT him to trick or treat still! I want him to stay my oldest little boy...I want time to stand still. I have been feeling so anxious lately about my kids getting older and there not being enough time to do everything with them while they are young.
Anyway, back to Halloween. The kids love going up and down the streets by my parents. When I was a kid my brothers, sister and I could trick or treat until we were blue in the face. My kids go up a few streets and then call it good...it's me trying to encourage them to keep going partly because I love watching them and partly because its more candy they can share with me. I admit! Everyone knows I am a candy a holic. I don't deny it ;)
So McKade was a sweet brother and let tanner wear his captain America suit because he wanted to be Mario again after we pulled out the tub of costumes. Tanner had wanted to be a football player but we didn't get his costume together in time. Next year...he is gonna be a Seahawk he says.
I love these kids so much! I missed them so much while I was in Hawaii. It's good for me to have a break every once in a while to rejuvenate. I think that's important for all parents. But it brings you home feeling so blessed and that's how I am feeling today. I am so lucky and so blessed.
Happy Halloween!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment