How does time fly so fast that the hardest questions I have to answer are no longer....
"Mommy, why won't this train work in the dirt..?"
to....
"Mommy, when I get white hair, will I die?"
My little 5 year old is growing up fast. He is my child that constantly suprises me at his indepth curiosity of what is to come in life....and I have no clue whatsoever how to answer him most of the time....how do I explain to him that yes, we will die someday, we don't know when but usually its when we are old and have white hair. I started to explain...tried to explain... and I just had one sweet 5 year old that burst into tears and my heart about broke....so I think I need some help on this one....any ideas?
4 comments:
Look for childrens books about it. I remember my parents getting some books that talked about when a pet dies, when a granparent dies, etc. It really put it in kid language and made it less "scary." I dont remember the names of the books but Im sure you can find something on amazon!
I got a great book at DB, after Bethany lost her baby. It totally helped my kids and it is written from a gospel perspective.
Hope that helps. Good luck!
I think sometimes it's just OK to say, "I don't know why, that's just the way it is." If he sees you fine with that, chances are, he will be too. One parenting thing I read a long time ago said something like, "as parents we don't have to have all of the answers and that sometimes kids ask questions just to hear themselves speak. We don't even have to TRY to answer all of them" I liked that! (Cause I have one that talks WAY too much!)
This makes me sad!!!!
Post a Comment