January 19, 2012

Snow week activities!

I am not a homebody whatsoever! I am not saying I don't like to be home! Because I do! I just like to be on the go too! And being snowed in for almost a week was pushing my sanity just a tad! Especially with one child who needs his routine and if he get out of it is very difficult to deal with!

I knew there wasn't anything I could really do about being stuck so I tried to make the best of it!

I made cookies 3 days in a row! (u would too if u had the same choc chip cookie recipe as I do)
I put together a hard puzzle with Tanner.
I played Wii with the kids. Mario brothers was much harder having to use the nunchuck and controller!
I cleaned.
I worked on Mollys room.
I put vinyl on a couple signs for some friends.
Went to the neighbors for dinner (my extent of getting out of the house)
Played in the snow with the kids. Tried to build them a sledding area but there was just too much snow and not enough slope!
Played so many games of Words with friends. (I am not sure if I should love Cheree or hate her for getting me hooked! But I will choose to love her since she is my best friend!)
Watched movies
Caught up on loads of laundry! and I mean loads!
Slept in (because hubby was home too so I could!)
And spent way too much time on Pinterest! Love it!

And the list could prob go on...

And I guess probably the biggest lesson I learned is just Being stuck at home and being forced to slow down in life gave me more opportunity to do things at home and with my kids that i normally would not have taken the time to do. I realize now that even though I didn't like feeling "trapped" at home, it was the best place for me to be and with my family I would rather have not been anywhere else.





Mmm... Should i make more of this deliciousness tomorrow? Mmm I think so!

- I blogged this using Blogpress on my iPhone!

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

You're a good momma for doing all those things with your kids. I feel super lame because I think I'm the only person in the PNW who didn't go outside to play in the snow with their kids! Just didn't have it in me! We have done some deep cleaning activities together though, so I think that totally makes up for it! ;)

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

You must love me...there is no other option!! Plus if you keep beating me so horribly I wont play with you anymore, then you will have to find something else to do!:)

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

You must love me...there is no other option!! Plus if you keep beating me so horribly I wont play with you anymore, then you will have to find something else to do!:)