June 18, 2012

Summer Vacation ...

Today is the first weekday after school let out for the summer. A typical Monday for me generally looks like this:

Wake up.
Get kids ready for school.
Pry Miss Molly out of bed. I really mean PRY.
Drive the kids out to Adna by 8:30 (this has become our routine since April while our house is being fixed)
Turn around and drive Miss Molly back to Centralia to go to preschool.
Go to the gym during preschool.
Pick Molly up.
Go have lunch with Cheree and If we don't have lunch with Cheree we either have lunch with my mom or we go run errands.
Drive backup Adna and park at end of street to pick up boys off bus.
Go feed animals at our house.
Drive back to Centralia to my parents.
Work on any custom orders if there are any ( this is variable throughout the year)
Dinner.
Go to Cherees for Bachelor or Bachelorette Mondays.
Sleep





Today on this first day of summer vacation. I don't have to PRY Molly out of bed. (pic above) it is 9:53 pm and she is still sleeping. I am wearing my pjs still. Blueberry muffins are in the oven. Kids are lazing out in front of the tv (hey it's only the first day of their vacation...why not!)


I'm not rushing around carpooling kids everywhere.

The sun is shining.

I'm getting chores done.

And I'm super excited to go watch Bachelorette tonight at Cherees. Last night to watch this with my most fabulous friend...cuz next week I will be a loner watching it by myself!

All in all summer vacation is not too shabby! I could get used to this. We have plans to spend lazy days poolside. Go to the zoos. Camping up on the canal (well more like luxury camping with boats and cabins and stuff!) visits to the Cider mill. Theater movies (is anybody else excited to see
Brave?). Visits over to the coast. And tons more :)

I have a feeling it's going to be a nice summer ( or I am preparing myself mentally)

Happy fist day of summer ya'll!
Posted using BlogPr from my iPhone

No comments: