October 22, 2012

For the love of....Netflix!

Ok so I have a confession! I LOVE watching TV. This has become a favorite thing of mine as I have gotten older. I never used to care about TV. In high school I would watch Dawson's Creek every Thursday night (with my dad I might add, cuz apparently he was just as curious as the rest of us whether dawson and Joey would actually hook up). That's the only show I watched however.

Matt and I got married. We have never had cable. It's not that we can't, it's just we decided from the start that we would accomplish more around our house etc if we didn't have tv. Well and Matt insisted he would be a TV magnet as long as the history channel was on ( yes, that's what happens when you marry a political science major...you get the history channel or C-SPAN)

So 9.5 years and no cable. When I was pregnant with tanner I decided something had to give.


LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

So for almost 7 years I have been keeping track of my shows via Netflix. I obviously can't watch the most current season this way so while everyone is on the present episodes I am catching up on the previous season. I don't mind this one bit however. I have so many shows I watch that by the time I get through all of them the current season is just about to be released on disc anyway. AND I don't have to deal with commercials or the suspense of waiting a week until the next episode to find out what is happening. Perfect!!!

One other downfall for me however is that since we don't have high speed internet. ( a negative of living in the country at the moment) we can't instant stream except to our itty bitty iPhones. I look forward to the day I have high speed connection and can do this.

So what will I be doing this winter? Besides my mom duties, activity day leader, girls camp leader, swim team member, co-op parent, wife duties, home duties, you name it....

WATCHING....my favorites!




























I am always sad when a series ends:


I admit I grow attached to the characters...Sappy I know. I loved Quinn and Brooke and Haley and Nathan and Julien and Clay.... And little Jamie too. Anyway, I just finished the final season. Sad but it was really good.

I also have some new shows I am trying out.












It always takes a few episodes 4 or 5 or 6 to know whether I will get into a show or not. I tried Charmed at one point and just never go into it. TV has definitely made some major improvements since some of those shows were made :)

If anyone that actually reads this blog has any other suggestions for me, whether it be a past series or a current one, please share :)

Posted By Brook

1 comment:

PB&JDensley said...

haha I love it we have the same taste in shows! I actually got to meet Matthew Gubler from criminal minds a few years ago. Very nice person! As a suggestion...I have been liking the "Once upon a time"...Have fun watching I know I do! :) I usually catch up on shows while I do laundry or other things...lol!