I am mentally preparing myself. Right now I am freezing cold all the time and its only in the 50s still.
I have all the kids winter clothes except for new snow boots. Not that it snows much but hey this doozy winter could bring more snow! And they outgrew their other ones.
I have pretty much all my canning done for this year. I just finished vacuum packing 80 lbs of chicken. The next thing I am going to do is stock up on batteries, toilet paper, water bottles, and buy a couple more little heaters in case the electricity goes out a lot. Our generator will run at least those and the refrigerator/freezer.
I know I may be getting ahead of myself but I would rather be ahead before the mad rush hits Walmart the day of the "snow day!" That's NEVER fun!
80 lbs of chicken :)
- Posted By Brook
1 comment:
wow impressive!!
Last year when the power went out sadly, I kept drinking soda that was outside in the cold..
And BBQ hotdogs, ya know the polish kind from costco.
I think even though our power was out for 5 days I may have put on a few extra lbs!!
Post a Comment