October 22, 2015

 My Little Gymnast

I have loved gymnastics since I first saw the 1992 Olympic Games. I never had the chance to take lessons but that didn't stop me from doing my own tricks on my trampoline. Finally injury after injury led me to a new sport which I grew to really love just as much: Swimming. Which I thought my kids would eventually do....

 I never expected Molly to grow her own love for the gymnastics. But she has! And I love that she is enjoying it so much! She started in a rec class and learned the basics cartwheels, handstands, bridges, etc. After about 7 months they decided she couldn't really progress staying in that class so they moved her to team. She has learned SO much being on her new team. Molly's first competition season is starting and she is so excited!

The team had a mock meet. To give the girls a taste of what competition is going to be like. Molly surprised me at her confidence and poise. She didn't mind going first on each event. She didn't mind that a whole crowd of parents, grandparents, and siblings, etc were watching her. She LOVED it! and after only 3 months of learning skills and the routines she placed 3rd in her age group. I believe it's because of her determination! and love for the sport.

 The Pacific Gymnastics Team- age group girls and XCEL girls posing for a group shot with the actual USA gymnastics judge who came to judge their routines. 



Molly's first Vault. She scored really well on vault. It's one of her favorite events. 

 
Words of encouragement from Coach Michelle. Molly loves both of her coaches so much! They are awesome!

Here are pics from her bar routine:
 



PICS FROM BALANCE BEAM ROUTINE; 
(her least favorite event)

Girls waiting their turn




 




PICS OF HER FLOOR ROUTINE: 
 

 (She still needed a spot on her back handspring which was a deduction but since then she has almost nailed it. By her first real meet she will have it probably. )


Molly standing on the podium. She took 3rd place and was so thrilled to receive her FIRST medal and ribbons. 

Molly loves all her gym friends. They are all around the same ages 7-9 year olds and spend a lot of time together. They practice two days a week for about 3 1/2 hours each day. 

I love my little gymnast!






No comments: