October 17, 2008

Lessons Learned....

Today I learned a valuable lesson....one in the range of $150.00. We were at Costco and Molly was fussy so I gave her my keys to play with. We were standing in the food court line and I heard the keys drop while I was trying to put all the food in the back so Tanner couldn't grab it....but he was grabbing, so it was a difficult task. I just sort of spaced that my keys had fallen. I moved the cart like 5-10 feet to fill up our pops and then started to leave again when I remembered I had forgotten the keys. So I looked down and they were totally gone....

"No problem" I thought....(yah...I thought!) figuring since the customer service was right across the aisle from the food court. I was certain someone turned them in.

What is wrong with the world today. Someone just picked up my keys....nothing too exciting on them. A Honda key with a remote, two house keys, and a Thorbecke's barcode card....woop di doo! And they picked them up, didn't turn them in....just took them.
I know...How wierd is that?

My thoughts were...great, I'm going to go out to the parking lot and find my van missing....so I rushed the kids out there but it was still there...nothing seemed to be missing. Thankfully Matt is a firm believer in making sure we have a spare hidden on the van at all times.

I had also given the lady my cell number to call if they found them. I figured as soon as I reached Centralia I would get that phone call...but nope...nada! My dad was stopping by Costco after he got off work, so he double checked with the lady. She said It was just strange that soneone would take a random set of keys.

So still no keys....and $150 to replace that darn key and remote....

Like I said....Lesson's Learned! (if you haven't figured it out...don't let your 11 month old play with your keys!)

1 comment:

Alice Jane said...

That sounds like the story of my life. I think as mom's, we sometimes just have too much on our minds....I guess it makes us LOSE our minds at times. :)