Last weekend Molly & I flew to SLC to see my sister. Britt moved there in June and it just hasn't been the same here since. Since I was missin her bunches, Matt told me to take Molly and go. (It took a lot of convincing in my mind only cuz I HATE TO FLY!)
So the first real night I was there Kim, my sis-in-law, drove up to SLC from Provo and we had lunch at Noodles and Company. Oh my gosh....why doesn't Washington have any of these. It was so good. So many types of pasta to choose from...and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pasta! Then we went back to Britt's and watched 16 Candles. That evening I drove down to Provo with Kim and Brittney followed with Danny. We made a night of it by getting Costa Vida (similar to Cafe Rio...mmmm once again...why doesn't Wa have any of these? I swear I could move to Utah just for the food!)
One thing I was most excited about was to meet my nephew Jax. He is 6 weeks and Bryan & Kim's first child. He was so sweet. I just love him!
That evening I drove down to Provo with Kim and Brittney followed with Danny. We made a night of it by getting Costa Vida (similar to Cafe Rio...mmmm once again...why doesn't Wa have any of these? I swear I could move to Utah just for the food! We filled our tummy's, drank our huge Sonic slushies, and played The Office Trivia game. So fun! I even got 3 Dundee Awards.
After calling it a night Bryan & Danny had taken the lead...Danny however had the Support the rabid bracelet so he was the coolest. Danny is my friend Kate's little brother and someone my sister has recently started dating.
Saturday the weather turned nasty but we still decided to drive up the canyon a ways. Utah has some amazing fall color changes. It's beautiful! This was Bridal Veil Falls....pretty no matter what time of year.
Unfortunately since it was raining, we didn't get out of the car for pics. We drove up to Sundance. The lodge up there is so nice.
Saturday evening my sister and I decided we wanted the Neverending Pasta Bowl at Olive Garden. We went to 2 different ones and they both had over an hour wait. Yah...umm...no thanks! We got a Whole Foods Pizza instead. MMM...once again...yummm! Went home and watched Made of Honor.
Sunday morning was my last full day so we had breakfast at Kim's parents house. Her dad cooked us breakfast. Jeron, her little brother, was so cute. He had made out menus and everything for us. Molly had a blast playing with him.
Later during the day Britt and I met up with Saundra & Cristi, our cousins. We had a great time catching up. Then Danny came over again. Britt had bought him a random bag of clown heads from the DI, so they left to disperse them randomly around SLC. More on that in a future blog post at http:brittneychapman.blogspot.com. Unfortunately, if you haven't been invited to view my sisters tyotally hilarious blog...so sorry! While Britt & Danny were out, Molly slept and I watched one of my favorite shows Medium.
Monday, we finally made it to Olive Garden, where we had the worst waiter ever. Actually, we can honestly say he was a stalker waiter AND the scary thing was he wanted to start his own resturant. Better re-think that buddy!
I flew home that evening...already miss my sister & brother...but I don't mind waiting a while to get on another airplane again...next year when we go to Hawaii.
2 comments:
Thanks, now I'm hungry!
So fun to see pics of my bro... sounds like you had a good time!
Post a Comment