Sorry....today there will not be any pics to view, I know, how boring...right?
Those close friends of mine that know me, know that parenting is not a task that comes easy to me. When I had 1 child....that was another story...with 3 kids (4 years and under) it is a whole other ballgame.
Sometimes, I feel hopeless. What if my kids are going to turn out like those snotty, little brats you see on Super Nanny...or worse yet, what if they already are!
I do admit, I definately have my hands full. I have one child who is as stubborn as a mule. One child who does have some special needs. And one child that is afraid to go more than 2 minutes without physical contact. But still....I feel like I can't be a good mom no matter how hard I try.
Today we went to Burger King. McKade wasn't listening. So I put my foot down and told him he had to go in time out. He didn't like that, so I had to put him into a bear hold on my lap. I just told him he couldn't get down until he stopped fighting me. The whole time this was going on there was a grandma in her 50's I would guess who I'm sure was thinking "get a grip on your child lady!" So I'm holding McKade and he just was fighting against me the whole time. I just sat there, trying to keep my patience....which when it comes to my stubborn one wears VERY thin. Finally, he just kind of gave up. Thank goodness....now that lady didn't have to be burning holes into my back....
I went to go refill my drink. This same lady walks up to get some Ketsup. Oh Great....I am sure she might comment that my kids are being awnery....however, she proceeds to say "I just want to tell you it was so great to watch you be consistent with your child in there. I really appreciate seeing that. I don't see that very often anymore and it was really great to see. I have been trying to get my own daughter to work on that more lately."
Say what?!
Someone was actually complimenting me?! on parenting?! Now that was the real shocker of the day! LOL.
In the end...it did boost my ego for a few minutes. After all, I am the one who almost submitted my family to be on Super Nanny a couple weeks ago when I saw the application online.
Maybe I'm not completely doing everything wrong after all....or maybe I am, but someone's observations were a little off....who knows...
All I know is, it is DARN hard to be a mom! But I do love my kids dearly and am very greatful for them!
2 comments:
That is SO awesome Brook! What a nice lady and a wonderful compliment. It's really true- be consistent and follow all the tips on Super Nanny- you're kids will eventually know you mean business!! :)
Girlfriend!! You are an awesome mom and don't you worry - most days I want to stab my eyes out with a fork!! One day in Costco a couple months back some lady told me my kids were so polite and good. I almost laughed in her face. My Raquel, yes, but she wasn't with me! It was Marcus and Raigan!! The two who usually like to see who can scream the loudest!!
Post a Comment