First week

Now my baby is 5! I cannot believe I have a 5 year old. It is just amazing to me!
I am totally huge on birthdays....especially my kids! I want their day to be the most special day of the year, each and every year, as they get older. So I try to go all out on making sure this happens.
This year I decided to take McKade to Wild Waves. It's an amusement and water park combined. The boys are finally tall enough to go on almost every ride either by themselves or with an adult....and all the water slides except the speed slides. So we invited McKade's best friend Papa, his best buddy Gram, his brother, and his Auntie Britt and off we went for a day full of fun! (Note: This is probably the longest post I've done.....so go pop some popcorn and grab a soda! )
Part 1: WILD WAVES 07/17/09
Part 1: WILD WAVES 07/17/09
Getting ready for their first big ride ever! It's called the Falling Star and you just sit in the seats and it goes sideways around and around. We didn't think it would be too scary for the boys. But.......
McKade actually laughed and cried through the whole thing. I think it was just going around too fast for him and made his head hurt...cuz it did have a lot of force as it went. Gave him a bloody nose actually....


This ride was one out of two of McKades favorite rides....
Anyone that knows McKade, knows that he has an obsession with trains!

The two best engineers ever!
This wagon ride was like the falling star, only kid sized and forward instead of to the side. And much better kid results....all smiles!
I LOVE this picture of Papa and Tanner

Just driving in circles....

Tanner just loved the boats....McKade just wanted the red one....
Me and my boys....gosh I love them!

The spaceships....only like a few of them actually worked meaning, flying up and down instead of just down and Tanner just happened to never get on one that did but McKade always did.
All day at Wild Waves McKade would say "Lets go home so I can open my presents" Well, what happened was he spent the night at Papa and Grams the night before so he didn't just get to wake up and open his presents. I was going to bring one that he could open to hold him over cuz I wanted to wait until Matt could be home from work to watch him too, but I forgot to grab that present. Oops. So when we got home at like 7:30 pm it was present time!
This first present was a long one in coming....we stacked the bunks. We've had the bunk beds for a couple years now, but always told McKade that when he turned 5 he could have his bunk bed set put up. He very patiently waited for a long time...and this whole entire year has talked about getting his bunk bed when he turned 5. Even told perfect strangers at the store.....
Pure excitement!
His daddy got him a baseball glove and ball. He is really starting to show an interest in baseball. We can't wait to sign him up for T-Ball. Oh and of course, Matt got Tanner one too...so there would be someone to play catch with.
McKade LOVES Superman more than any other super hero. So Molly got him a new Superman costume. He loves it!
McKade's cousin Sterling is really into Indiana Jones. So of course, McKade is too! Especially after Sterlings cool Indiana Jones party! When I asked Kado what he wanted for his birthday, he said a Lego Indiana Jones Game for his DS. So that's what he got....I even played a few times and can you believe to actually blow the torches out you have to blow into the microphones....seriously...its true!
Tanner got McKade a new Lego truck/jeep. Since it's yellow and black, he thinks it's Indiana Jones' truck.
McKade loved all his presents.

McKade wanted a Bumblebee Transformer cake for his bday. I home make all my kids' birthday cakes....so I did the best I could. However, it's been really hot so I stuck it in the freezer and when I took it out to thaw a little the black frosting started to bleed onto the yellow....so it doesn't look nearly as good. It actually was really hard to carve out...and took me like 2 hours to frost! I copied the Bumblebee car he got in his Burger King Kids Meal...
So excited to see the # 5 candle!
And he got some help blowing out the trick candles....
Molly with frosting all over her face.
Gram and Papa gave McKade a Lightning McQueen Sleeping Bag. Perfect for when we go camping next week.
The Chapman Family gave McKade a Transformer cartoon, a Spiderman squirtgun, and a Lego Star Wars game for the PS2...and if I can remember right, a workbook for spelling....
It was really hot Friday, so we decided to hit the water park. So I didn't get any pictures. In the pirate lagoon they had some average sized water slides for kids...but they wouldn't let me slide down with McKade. They would only let me slide down first and catch McKade at the bottom. He did actually go down but after that he didn't want to go again....I was proud of him for trying though. He isn't and has never been my risk taker (that is his brother) so it was a big deal for him to take that risk.
The kids didn't last long in the water area before they decided they wanted to go on the rides again. The park actually has way more kiddie rides than I can ever remember...so it was really fun for them. This time I had already put the camera in the car, so I didn't get any more pics of the other rides they decided to try now that they were more "experienced". It was a VERY fun day! Thank you Papa, Gram and Auntie for going with us. And Thankyou to Arianne (our favorite babysitter) who babysat Molly all day so we could go.
Part 2: Present Time
All day at Wild Waves McKade would say "Lets go home so I can open my presents" Well, what happened was he spent the night at Papa and Grams the night before so he didn't just get to wake up and open his presents. I was going to bring one that he could open to hold him over cuz I wanted to wait until Matt could be home from work to watch him too, but I forgot to grab that present. Oops. So when we got home at like 7:30 pm it was present time!
This first present was a long one in coming....we stacked the bunks. We've had the bunk beds for a couple years now, but always told McKade that when he turned 5 he could have his bunk bed set put up. He very patiently waited for a long time...and this whole entire year has talked about getting his bunk bed when he turned 5. Even told perfect strangers at the store.....
So I had told him his first big present would be in his room....
McKade loved all his presents.
Part 3: Family Celebration!
So we decided to invite some family and friends over for McKade's birthday celebration of cake and ice cream and appetizers.
The Chapman Family gave McKade a Transformer cartoon, a Spiderman squirtgun, and a Lego Star Wars game for the PS2...and if I can remember right, a workbook for spelling....
Thanks Auntie Sarah, Uncle Brandon, Cousins Sterling, Hyrum, and Jonah.
Grandma and Grandpa Moshi gave a baseball mitt, and birthday money.
And Auntie Syl gave birthday money.
And the neighbors gave McKade a really fun game.
Thank you all so very much! McKade is one lucky boy to have so many wonderful friends and family.
We were sad that Auntie Alice, Uncle David and the girls couldn't join us do to illness and hope they feel better soon.
To end this post, and yes, I know, it was the longest post I think I have ever done.....I am one lucky mom to have McKade as my son. He is talented, sweet, thoughtful, and constantly continues to suprise me day after day with the things he says and does.
I love you Bugga Boo!
3 comments:
That sounds like a ton of birthday fun! You are super mom, I am just trying to make it to costco to order a cake for Zane's birthday in time!!!!
Wow! FUN birhday.... Lucky McKade!
I love the car cake, good job! Arianne had a great time with Molly... we loved all the hugs and kisses she gives!
Why the heck is brandon wearing a tye dye t-shirt? far out, I guess.
Post a Comment