So about three weeks ago now I fell in the boys room...stumbled backward actually is more like it, and caught myself with my hand. It hurt really bad at the time, but I just shook it off and went about business. However, over the next two weeks my wrist hurt to bend, rotate, touch in certain areas, and pretty much throbbed whenever I tried to do any of those things....
As a nurse, I pretty much procrastinate going to the doctors until I can't take it anymore...who knows why...but I just don't like going. So I finally decided I couldn't take the pain anymore, especially after a refrigeration door at the supermarket slammed onto it, and drug myself in.
And this is what I wore out.
They took x-rays and thankfully there weren't any serious fractures. Because with all the stuff going on, a hard cast, would not have been my friend. There was however, a suspicious looking area where the doctor couldn't say for certain was a fracture or not but regardless it looked suspicious, so she splinted me. She did anyway since if it wasn't fractured it was probably sprained and the ligaments were either pulled or torn, and I had already convinced her that if it was fractured to just splint it anyway because I would not be able to mentally handle a cast on....too hot, too itchy, too annoying.
Although I haven't been the best about keeping the darn splint on. I mostly keep it on but then at times like going to the lake like yesterday I just couldn't bear it. Ugh!
After week 1 I can say that my arm is already starting to throb less....but still painful to rotate and bend up. So on to Week 2!
1 comment:
oh man Brook! Hope you are doing okay! I love reading about all your adventures! Excited to see you all in a few weeks!
Post a Comment