February 3, 2011

The Grades are in!

An interruption to my What Keeps Me Busy series to write about McKade's 2nd Quarter report card. I can't believe I am at the stage where my kids are recieving report cards!

I am very proud of my boy. He recieved all 3's and 4's on his report this quarter. He made lots of progress from the beginning of the year. Going into elementary school I was really stressed at whether McKade would take an active interest in learning. He had shown no desire during his 3 years of preschool to learn. He was way more interested in playing, and when I would sit down with him to work on things he just would get whiny and would complain and complain. It was so challenging!

Never the less, McKade has proven to be a very bright boy. He excels in Math. He loves numbers. He loves counting. He DEFINITELY loves money. We opened up a savings account for him and he puts every penny he makes in the bank. He knows all the Presidents on each of the bills, and he loves talking about how much money he can save. Maybe he will grow up to be an engineer? A statician? An investor? Maybe....right now he wants to be a Secret Service Spy.

Right now I am very relived and happy that McKade loves school. He loves homework. He loves making friends. He loves PE. It makes me happy that he loves to learn.

I just know he is going to grow up to do big things in life...and I can't wait to watch him!

No comments: