A while back my sister Brittney entered a contest on Facebook to try to win a weekend getaway at Starfish Resort in Lincoln City, OR. She had to have the most people like the resorts facebook page and then comment that Brittney Tanca referred them. I helped her by also recruiting my friends (most of whom she has never met or know) to do that for her too. Needless to say she won! So she and her husband Paul invited Matt and I to come along for the weekend. The room they won was a two bedroom suite on the top floor overlooking the ocean. It was amazing! and we had an amazing time!
The resort. It was really nice and cozy! And we LOVED sitting in that hot tub on the balcony way up on the top floor. The air was so chilly and rainy but the water was so hot and perfect!
Matt and I went for a walk on the beach in between the rain downpours and found some aggots and shells for the kids. Brr...it was cold!
While it's not Hawaii, the Oregon Coast is always beautiful despite the rain, wind, and cold. This morning it was stormy and the swells were quite impressive actually... fun to watch.
We spent our weekend playing games, watching movies/basketball/boxing, relaxing in the hot tub, eating, and having a fun time! It was so fun to be with my sister and Paul and it was also the first time Matt and I have ever been away from the kids for more than one night. It was strange feeling...however very relaxing. I missed them! They were very happy to see us when we got home!
A huge thanks to Britt and Paul for inviting us! A huge thanks to my parents for watching our kiddlins and dog! We couldn't have done it without them! I have a terrific family!
No comments:
Post a Comment