March 2, 2011

Evelyn

Evelyn (and her much younger boyfriend..;-)...)
Evelyn is 92 years old.

She is still swimming.
She is still competing.
She is still diving off the starting blocks.
She is still smiling.

I want to be like Evelyn.
I want to be old and still competing in swim meets.
She is an inspiration to me!


Evelyn was so fun to watch. It was almost emotional for me to watch her actually because she was the slowest out there, her strokes were not up to perfection any longer, she struggled to even move inches through the water. But she did it...she made it from start to finish every time. And she climbed out of the pool with the biggest ear to ear smile. She loves what she is doing, and I know she will continue to do so until she physically can no longer.

Evelyn is awesome.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

She lap swims when I am at water aerobics. She and her boyfriend sit in the hot tub together after her workout... they crack me up! When he is ready to get out she always begs to stay in just a little longer... so stinkin' cute! We usually chit chat and talk about life. She is very wise. I always wonder what it will be like to be that age with so much spunk and love for life... she makes it look easy.

RR said...

that is beyond awesome!

Clarissa said...

I did get all teary-eyed watching her. She is absolutely inspiring. I keep telling people about her!! So amazing!!