March 15, 2011

Some days are easier than others....

"Being a fulltime mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love" A quote I found but don't know the author.

Some days are easier for me than others. The days where I hear incessant whining and fighting....the days I see the horrible messes and fighting....the days I smell the messes...

Some days I feel I can't catch a moment to just breathe.

Some days it's really hard to be a mom.

Then when I reflect at night at the easy or hard day I just survived through, I remember how lucky I am.

I remind myself that I chose these children. I chose to be a mom. I love my kids.

I signed up for the good, the bad, and the ugly (not ugly kids, the ugly disasters possibly left in their paths! I kinda think my kids are the cutest...:-) )

So where there's a good day...there may be two bad days...and where there might be two bad days...there may be three good days. It's like a circle. It has no beginning and no end.

Just like my LOVE for my children.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This is so true! A LOT of bloggers (those we know and dont know) like to pretend that everything is all "roses". I, however, am more fond of the truth! No one has a good day EVERY day. But we do all love our kids EVERY day! Thanks for being real. :)