December 2, 2008

My Little Elves....


Here are my sweet boys! Right now I call them my little elves. They are wearing their gingerbread aprons Gram made for ALL of her preschoolers last year. (I know, crazy right? Who has that kind of time....).
Anyway, a little story about our tree this year. We typically have a nice bushy Douglas Fir tree that smells so good. Last year, however, due to my husbands allergies said we just needed to get a fake tree....WHAT?!!! So he picked up one that was like 75% off after Christmas sale. It's 6.5 ft tall but only 3.5 ft in girth. Tall and Skinny!!!
Honestly, I just really don't like it. I told him next year we either need a big fake tree, which I am willing to fork the bucks out for if it's going to be a continuous thing, which of course it will because Christmas does come around once a year....OR i am just going to go for the big bushy yummy smelling trees and his darn allergies will have to deal with it.

This year it was a lot of fun decorating the tree. Molly was taking a nap and Tanner and McKade were really into the whole tree thing. I think since they are older now, 2 going on 3, and 4...the excitement is just that much more profound to them. They couldn't figure how to put the ornaments on by themselves....for some reason they tried sticking them onto the lights. So they would hand me the ornaments one by one. It was so fun and cute.
And Walah! Our Christmas tree for 2008.
Notice how the ornaments grow sparse towards the bottom of the tree?
Last year was even better....there werent any ornaments on the bottom of the tree.
It was funny looking. The funniest thing though is suprisingly enough, Molly (who just turned 1) doesn't even try to touch the tree or the ornaments. She's such a little darling!




Notice how in the background behind the tree it just looks so blah in the dreary countryside of Chehalis. Good ol' Washington for ya! Make sure you take your Vitamin D daily....

5 comments:

Rayna said...

I love the tree! We have a fake tree too! Jonah has asthma and Kierstin & I have allergies. I am right there with ya sister, we gotta fork out the bucks and buy us some BIG trees. I will post a picture soon.

Rene said...

We put up our tree today. We still go for the real one. I just love the smell of the tree at Christmas time, sorry Matt!

Unknown said...

Sorry Matt! What about Sorry Brook!? I'm the one that LOVES a real tree and have to suffer through this Christmas season without the wonderful smell of Douglas Fir tree floating through the air. SNiff SNiff!

Rene said...

OK, sorry Brook! You can come over and smell my tree :)

Alice Jane said...

I'm weird because I like fake trees. They just look so much better to me. And I'm not really into the smell of trees either. I mean it's a nice smell but it belongs outside. Am I a grinch?

Okay, so, I need a new Christmas tree too. Our tree is like 3 feet tall and way to tiny. So, I'm buying a tree this year too. I want one of those that are only like 5 feet tall and are planted in a pot. We need to go tree shopping together.

Oh yeah, the boys look ADORABLE in their aprons!