My adorable, wonderful 4 year old son, McKade, has me completely STUMPED! He has by far the worst eating hauabits I've ever seen.....Or should I say HE IS the pickiest boy I've ever seen. (we do make breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday so I can't say his habits are because of me except that I give in too easily.)
McKade's diet on any given day (including dialogue):
M: I'm hungry!
Me: What do you want to eat?
M: Cinnamon Toast & Chocolate Milk
Me: You need to pick something besides Cinnamon Toast
M: (Whiny) I want Cinnamon Toast
Me: McKade, you ALWAYS only want Cinnamon Toast. What else do you want?
M: (even whinier) Just Cinnamon Toast, and that's all mom, okay!? (not really a question though....more a demand)
Me: McKade, I cannot listen to you if you whine. You need to talk to me in your big boy voice.
M: OKAYYYYYYY.....(then continues to whine) I am just very hungry my tummy is talking.
Me: I know McKade, I will get you something to eat, but I'm not giving you cinnamon toast. You always only want cinnamon toast and you need to have some protein, like eggs, or cheese, or meat.
M: I don't wike any of those. I just want cinnamon toast. (even whinier! and getting mad)
Me: Okay. Here is the deal. You eat a peanut butter jelly sandwhich. And then you can have some cinnamon toast. (cuz at least the peanut butter has a minute amount of protein...right?)
M: No...I don't want jelly sandwhich. I just want Cinnamon Toast and that's all! (fists curled...nostrils flaring....eyebrows lowered....etc)
About 5 minutes later:
M: I just want peanut butter and jelly. Then I want Cinnamon Toast!
Me: Okay! How about if I cut your sandwhich into a train shape.
So this is McKade and my daily argument at breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's the same old thing.
Three things McKade will eat:
1: Cinnamon Toast.....Absolutely not one speck of crust.
2: Chocolate Milk....but it has to be with the Hershey's chocolate syrup. If we try to put the sugar free in he says..."not that one! It's for old people!" (where did he learn that?)
3: Burger King Chicken Tenders
4:Oh and of course....peanut butter and jelly if he knows that's the only way he will get cinnamon toast.
I am at my wits end on what else I can get this child to eat!
So now here is the story about the Jelly Belly's that McKade is holding in the above picture. My dad always gets me a tub for Christmas....it's our tradition. There are 49 flavors in this tub of Jelly Belly's. I like all but probably 10 of those flavors. McKade like exactly 2 of those flavors....
- Pink Bubblegum
- Coffee
Don't worry....you did read that right! Coffee....can you believe it? I can't stand that one. But he come up to me and says he just like two flavors....the pink ones and the coffee ones. Then he says the other ones just aren't made right. LOL. How can a child, who will absolutely not drink or eat anything that is remotely different from his above diet, like Coffee jelly beans???
Oh my sweetest 4 year old boy. How I love you and your way of thinking!
And then there's Tanner, who will absolutely no doubt about it eat all 49 flavors and love every bit of them!
3 comments:
Have you seen that book by Jessica Sinfeld? Its all about ways to get veggies into your kids meals. Mostly she grinds them up and puts them in things.... it does work, I make brownies for Josh all the time with carrots and zuchinni in them....he has no idea! Its worth a try! Maybe if he got to make his own food he would eat it???? maybe....
That's funny. What the heck is on Tanner's face in that picture? McKade will get hungry for something else one day... he may only like one thing again but it will be something different than cinnamon toast. Then one day he'll be 14 & taller than you, and you'll say, "I remember when... " and it goes by WAY too fast!
Will he take vitamins? My kids are WAY picky (ha! wonder where they get it?) They like the gummy vitamins from Costco.
Let me know when you get this one figured out Brook! Ha ha ha. I have to feed Lilly juice because it is the only way she gets any nutrition. I feed her V8 fusion which has 1 serving of veggies per serving. It tastes pretty good and she has no idea she's getting veggies. Hopefully Lil and Kade will grow out of this. I swear they were supposed to be identical twins!
Post a Comment