Some of you know the particular challanges we face with our second son Tanner, and some of you don't. Over this past year he has been under going some evaluations as to what might be the cause of his problems and behavior. As of this time we don't have definate diagnosis but he does show tendencies of certain things, which have to be evaluated for several years (generally 4 or more) in order for those things to become true diagnosis....so we wait, and in the meantime we search for ways to be good parents and learn different techniques that work with each one of our kids individually.
I just want to tell you guys how much I love my sister in law Alice. She is such a blessing in my life!
Alice is one of the few people that I can go to and pour my heart about Tanner's situation and she never acts judgemental towards me as a person or as a mom. She doesn't necessarily give me advice or her opinion, but a lot of times she just listens and says the sweetest things. Things that can make me smile and feel like there is hope, when I'm feeling so down. I truely love Tanner more than anything in this world and I know that even he gets frusturated with the things he has to deal with, and a lot of people; friends, family, total strangers don't understand him or why he does things. On the outside he appears a normal overly tall for his age little boy....on the inside he's battling. I just wish I could tell everyone so they would all understand instead passing judgements so quickly. Understand in a way that I feel Alice does. And she is so sweet to him. She sees his special spirit and goes out of her way to make him feel loved and important. She and Dave do both.
I'm super lucky and eternally greatful to have a friend and a sister in Alice. I'm so glad that she and her family are a part of my life, and I just love them all!
3 comments:
I know those days that you just need an ear to hear you not to judge you!!!! We have been having those with Zane latley... You are very lucky to have Alice, she sounds like a great sister in law.
I just want to say amen to your post. I often feel the same way about my Marcus and wonder if I am the only one who really understands him on this earth right now. I just give him lots of extra love and pray that everything will work out. Let me know what you find out about Tanner. I'm taking Marcus in for a check up soon and I'll be discussing his "issues" with the doc. We all know I will never medicate him, but whatever else I can do I will do just to help him do better outside of the home. And of course support is awesome. Makes me really thankful for my mom and sister. See you soon!!
Oh Traci....I miss you! Our playdates even though Tanner seems to bully Marcus and though you say he deserves it now and then....inside I know you are not so pleased...but the good friend you are, you try to show sympathy and understanding....la la la la la....anyway. I felt like I was singing a song there. Gosh....lol! So when you coming?
Post a Comment