October 27, 2009

Great Wolf...

About a year ago The Great Wolf Lodge opened in Grand Mound, WA. The Indian Tribe built it right next to the freeway and its enormous. It also has this enormous indoor water park. However the largest water slides actually start on the inside of the building and go outside of the building. So you can imagine the major traffic jams this one caused for like FOREVER! So many looky lous! We just don't have stuff this cool around our neck of the woods...:-). Anyway, to use the water park you have to stay at the lodge, which actually isn't very cheap...but from what I hear, very worth it. However, if you have a connection you can get a day pass. We have a connection :-) So today we went!

Here's a bunch of pics of our day! Sorry, my camera was having an awefully hard time with the climate control...meaning humidity...so my lens kept fogging up and I just couldn't get very clear pics. Some are blurry..just sayin!


THE WAVE POOL- This one is smaller but it was way better than any wave pool I have been in. The rolling waves were boring but they had colliding waves. The kids and I had a blast on those ones!


Just an attempt of a shot of one of the kid structures. It was fun. They had a big bucket that would dump on top....usually when we least expected so we got DRENCHED! Also two smaller slides that the kids LOVED!




Just some cute shots of Molly..she had so much fun!



Tan Man. He is my water boy by far!

Matt helping the boys in the wave pool. The just couldn't seem to stay on the tubes.

Molly just sat in the tubes....


They had these wave runner type toys that shot water. The kids LOVED them. Even Molly got into it...Okay...even I got into it. I admit.





Uck...I hate wet hair...


Told you I even got into it...lol!



McKade loved the slides. He used to never be a risk taker. Tanner is the risk taker. However, McKade has started doing more and realizes that he loves it most of the time.

My Tan Man was so happy the whole day!


McKade


Tanner

McKade

The Fam minus me

The lodge also provides these life jackets first come first serve. They were really nice to have especially in the wave pool in case the tube flipped or something. The lodge is really great. While we were waiting for our lunch (we had Pizza Hut and ice cream cones) we walked around the top floor of the lodge. They have so much fun things. They have this HUGE arcade room. The kids loved it...especially since the black lights made them glow. They also have numerous gift shops, a spa, a little girl spa called Cookies (I think?) and it was sooo cute. Someday I am going to take Molly there :-)
Too many things to talk about..but it's all very very cool. And we were so impressed by the cleanliness of the whole place.

A huge thanks to Carolina for getting us passes for the day! What a memory!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUN!!!

I especially like the one of you on the wave runner.

Rene said...

That looks like so much fun!

Clarissa said...

My question is...How do I get my hands on a day pass? That looks like so much fun!