October 31, 2009

PuMPkiNs....


The other night we carved the pumpkins. It has been so rainy, wet, and cold here that we never made it to the pumpkin patch as a family. Instead we just carved the two pumpkins we got from McKade's fieldtrip. When I asked them how they wanted to carve their pumpkins, there really was no suprise at their answers. Tanner wanted his a vampire, and McKade wanted his Indiana Jones. Didn't quite know how I was going to pull that last one off....but I managed an outline. He knows what it is anyway...lol..

A funny thing about pumpkins is McKade has always been totally grossed out when it comes to pumpkin guts. Even since he was a toddler he refused to stick his hand in that scary hole full of slime. He's 5 and still wouldn't do it....until Daddy pulled out the blue latex gloves that it...at least we know how to convince him  now....right?


The Pumpkins

If you can't tell, Indiana has a pouch and a whip on the side. McKade loves it. That's all that matters :-)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohhhh, how I wish you would have got a picture of him with his gloves on! That is to cute. I think your Indiana looks awesome. Have fun trick or treating!

~ My 3 sOnS ~ said...

My kids have the same fear of the grossness inside the pumpkin, it is so funny to me, but every year its the same story, and every year Adam and I end up digging all the goop out ourselvs!! Ethan gave in this year for the first time and helped a little. Next year there will be NO carving of pumpkins at our house! We will paint them or something:)