November 2, 2011

The cheese state!

So i love my having an iPhone! love it! It takes me forever to blog on my pc because our stupid satellite Internet is slow even though it's supposed to be way faster than dial up. A negative of living out in the country on a private road I suppose! Anyway I am finding all these awesome apps that I can do cool things with like blog! And at a much faster speed!

Britt and I travelled to Wisconsin in the beginning of October ad previously blogged. We flew out on a Friday and got there in the afternoon where Ashley picked us up at the airport. We had to drive 2.5 hrs to get back to the Wisconsin dells where she lives. Britt hadn't seen Ashley in 9 years and me in 5 but I saw her first at the airport and we both went squealing toward each other at the airport. Who cared about weird looks at a time like this anyway! Ashley was so amazed at how tall britt had grown since she was 16, and it was hilarious the way she kept staring at her.

On the way to Ashley's we stopped at olive garden and had yummy food, as this is a tradition of Britt and I. Then got to the house and stayed up for hours talking. Love it!

Next morning we treated Ashley to a pedicure. She has two little ones and works full time and needed some pampering.





This was sort of A funny pic with the troll because we got this same pic when we were there 9 years ago.


Downtown dells. So something about the dells is the whole town is like this one gigantic theme park or something!


Love my cute pregnant sister!


And my other sister ( though not blood related she will ALWAYS be our family!


Britt and Ash who were best friends since they were in 2nd grade.


Ashley took us to her fav restaurant called high rock cafe. Very unique and extremely delicious food! One of my most favorite things about traveling is eating out and trying new places. I always go home and for months afterward crave one or two things in particular, in this case it is high rock!


Yummy garlic parmesan tots!


Some of that theme/amusement park feel...

This place is called top secret and is like based on the white house. Not quite sure what they do here but its like a fun center of some sort.


One of the many roller coasters scattered around the town.


A giant goat cart track. This is the track that Matt still talks about 5 yrs later!


And again like roller coasters there are several watermarks.


Yum. Cow pies! Ever had one?


It's a chewy mess of deliciousness! Chocolate covered caramel and pecans. They also have moo chews which are chocolate caramels and are heavenly!








Ashleys son Parker who is 2 and just plain Fun to be around!


And Preston who has recovered so great from his skull surgery! I miss these boys so much!


We were told we had to have a butter burger from culvers. Delish! An some fried cheese curds mmmmm!





And of course Mexican food one night!


Before we went home we stopped and stocked up on cheese curds. Best cheese curds are found in Wisconsin!


Ash and I with the mouse


Even though the weekend absolutely flew by, we had the best time! Love Ashley and so wish she lived closer to us! And I always love the Dells!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: