November 27, 2011

Cutest Baby Bump Ever!

No this is definitely not an announcement for me! I have 1 sister, mother and MFF that would kill me if I announced that before telling them first lol!

This is about my sweet, fun, sassy, and most beautiful sissy Brittney.




I seriously think she is the cutest pregnant girl ever! And she is so thin and tiny with this cute little basketball shaped belly! So cute :)

Britt has never had a shower of any kind so between her mother in law and I we put on a cute baby shower for her. Dehlia treated all the guest to a full course meal at Gustavs, a German restaurant. Very yummy food.

Most all the guests were Romanian, as Paul's family are full Romanian. My dad is half Romanian and we are a quarter but we did not grow up in the culture. I actually have this secret delight mingling with these ladies because I am so curious about their culture differences and they are so funny! Apparently the baby showers they usually go to aren't decorated and being at a restaurant I could only do so much but here are some pics of the decorations I made and bought for the little table set up...



The table. I went with a pink and brown color scheme with some other color accents added in.



I had planned to put pink tablecloths on the tables too but they put the tableware on before I could. Oh well. I still got the roses on!



I made the little sign for her to keep and the little brownies have pink frosting with little pearl candies on top.



The banner. I wasn't able to write her name on there because Britt hasnt officially announced the baby's name yet.



The pregnant willow tree statue and tag says welcome baby girl Tanca.



The little favors I made which the ladies loved. Like I said the showers thy go to arent usually decorated :) they were little tin pails with a vinyl sticker that says girl and a tag I made.



Mingling with guests. This is Britt with her good friend Veronica who is due 2 weeks after Britt!





Some of the ladies!



Opening the presents! Brittney got so many cute things! Everyone was SO generous! We were astounded! One thing about the Romanian people is they don't take things lightly and they are so so generous with their gifts!



Finally this is the sign I helped my sister make for her girls room! She will be posting pics of the room soon!

It was a great celebration and I am so excited and proud of my sister!




- I blogged this using Blogpress on my iPhone!

No comments: