So the story goes:
We went to look at this great house the other day. My parents really want to buy it but they have to sell their house first. (So if you know anyone that wants to buy a 1900 gorgeous Queen Anne Victorian Style home, let me know!)
Sitting in the master bath was seriously the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life. Look up Cane Spiders on the internet and that is what this spider looked like, only I don't believe it was probably a cane spider considering we don't have cane here? But anyway, you will get the gist. And man that sucker was FAST too...my dad kept annoying it and it would scurry from one side of the tub to the other...
Anyway, I HATE spiders...so I was totally grossed out but curious at the same time. So that night I went home and started researching on the net to see what type it might be. The second link...I was attacked. Not by the spider but by a very critical VIRUS! Ugh. I was so po'd. WHY ME? WHY ME!
All I was doing was trying to find out what the spider was!
This windows defender thing kept coming up saying we could buy the plan and protect our computer. But Matt and I just decided he should talk to his computer guy at work and we would go from there....GOOD THING!
This WINDOWS DEFENDER add was ALSO a virus...and if we would have tried to buy it with our bank info, we would now be poorer than poor. Thank goodness we felt we should wait it out until the next day when Matt could take the tower in to work....Phew!
So in the meantime...it really stinks cuz I haven't had the net and I'm going through withdrawls. I have exactly 464 blogs to look at. I had 212 emails to read. And I couldn't do any digi scrapping or blog layouts. It so happens that I am writing this pictureless blog (I know, boring...right?) at work while I have some downtime...
I REALLY WANT MY COMPUTER BACK! Thanks a lot you nasty virus people who try to hack computers and attach nasty wormy trojan viruses...I HATE YOU!
3 comments:
Oh, soooooo sorry! I totally don't get why people write viruses (well, I guess I do get why they write viruses that steal your credit card number and bank info -- I just don't get how they live with themselves).
The spider you saw was almost certainly a Giant House Spider, Tegenaria domestica. They are very common around here. People are afraid of them because (duh!) they're HUGE and they look similar to the Hobo Spider, which is our one venomous spider. But though they are related to the Hobo, they are quite harmless and in fact hunt the hobos. So they are good to have around.
BTW, hey I think it's time to do breakfast again, yeah? Only I get to pay this time.
HEY~ I had the same thing happen to me, and 2 of my friends also.....I think it may somehow be linked to facebook, sadly hasnt stopped me from using it tho:)
Lol!! Neener, neener!
Post a Comment