My mom gave Molly the nickname Honey Girl a long time ago when her hair started growing in because it's the color of honey. Little did we know the nickname would grow more meaning than just that.....
Since July 31, 2009 Molly has been stung 5 times! Can you believe it? I know, crazy right? Bees just seem to gravitate to her and NOT in a good way. You may have read my post a while back from the Chapman reunion where she got stung 3 times on her neck. The fourth time was two weeks ago at McKade's first soccer practice. That darn thing got her on the thumb! AND today she was sitting in her carseat waiting for us to leave for McKade's soccer game and the van door was still open and that nasty little sucker flew in and stung her on the head! I didn't know why she started crying at first because I didn't see any bees...but she DEFINITELY knows the word bee now, and as she was crying and grabbing her head she kept saying "Bee.....Bee....Bee"
So upon examination I found a welt, and a bloody mark. Stinkin' Bee!
It's a good thing Honey Girl isn't allergic to bees!!! And after 5 times in a month and half she should be starting to build a pretty good tolerance I would hope....
Maybe the truth is she just smells like honey! cuz I sure know she's definitely sweet like it!
We love our Honey Girl!
3 comments:
Oh, poor girl! It must be the sweetness factor because Will has been stung a bunch this year too. In fact he came over tonight and his eye is almost swollen shut from a sting yesterday. They had to take him in to the Dr. cuz the benadryl wasn't helping. Now he's taking steroids for it!
That's sad!!!
The only good thing about summer coming to an end is the bee's will go away!! My boys have been stung alot this year too....Poor girl!!
Post a Comment