When we asked Tanner what he wanted to do he chose:
CHUCKY CHEESE
Molly was a little scared of everything at first....
McKade really felt like Indiana Jones on the horse...
He's afraid of Santa Clause....but not Chucky! Tanner wouldn't take a pic with Chucky...so I got one of McKade...
Oh! This stupid game! It was one of those games where you put a token in and then if you hit the button and the light lands on the bonus light you win all the bonus tickets....it was up to 200. My dad and I started "gambling" and would get one on either side of it but never could get the middle. Drove us insane. We finally forced ourselves to stop. Couldn't resist a pic though. Ha Ha! (notice my dark hair? It's back to it's el naturel color...I've given up on highlights for awhile....just needed a change) But back to my story. I did another game where if you get the light on the bonus you win tons of tickets and I got it on the third try. Won 79 tickets....ha ha. cool. If I gambled for real with real money I would go broke. Thankfully I don't gamble like that.
So after Chucky Cheese we took the kids to see the new chipmunk movie. It was kind of cute and funny. The kids LOVED it. They love the first one too so I knew they would.
Back at our house in the evening we had a small family get together. My parents and brother's family came and my friend Karen stopped by with her son Landon who is in McKade's preschool class. Matt's parents didn't attend but sent a Happy Birthday greeting via voicemail. We let Tanner listen which made him happy.
THE CAKE
I asked Tanner what kind of cake he wanted and he said an alien cake. This is the best I could come up with. What do you think? It was actually quite fun to make and tasted yummy too.
Tanner loves his baby cousin Jonah
We got Tanner some more Trios. A DS game and a Mr. Potato Head Playdough set. Also a huge stack of Land Before Time cartoons that were on a Black Friday special. $2 each.
Gram got him another Playdough Set. Tanner LOVES Playdough.
He also got this huge pen from Chapmans (Brandon's fam). It has been a HUGE hit with Tanner and his brother....and $4 for 4 years old. And Landon gave him $10. Tanner said he wants to save it for Hawaii. They love finding treasures at the huge swap meet there.
Fun Fun Day! I love my little boy. He lights up my life. He has a sparkle in his eye that is a joy to see. He has a fun spirit that makes me laugh. And he has a smile that totally and completely melts my heart. And he is all mine!
3 comments:
The alien cake turned out great! Happy Birthday to Tanner!
Looks like a fun birthday! You and your cakes are amazing! I know what you are talking about when people expect your child to act older than they are... My in-laws always seem to forget that Zane is only 2, he's not 10.
HAPPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER!!!
Your alien cake is fabulous! Yay, you! What a great mom.
Post a Comment