August 29, 2012

Tuna Time!!!

For the past 3 years I have wanted to can Tuna. But I haven't. This year my dad said he wanted to so we ordered tons of Tuna. Dad and Mckade headed over to Westport to get the fish and I stayed behind and bought jars and worked on some other things.






My dad stopped by his old stomping ground and visited the Coast Guard station. McKade got to see some of the big boats. It was fun having my dad serve in this branch of the military growing up. He always had cool stories to tell and fun projects he worked on at the station. He served as a Chief Warrent Officer 4 for several years before he retired.

Anyway, we cut up all the tuna and the day of the garage sale cooked it all. It turned out excellent! All but 1 jar sealed and the very next day the kids enjoyed a yummy tuna sandwich!






I love adding to my food storage!

Next up, PEACHES!!!

- Posted By Brook

No comments: