But now on to the vacation...LOTS of pics...so get comfy!
Easter
My cousin and I both have two boys and a girl! So fun, if only we lived closer....
Molly
My Kiddlins
Anything good in there for mom?
All smiles!!!
Easter Egg Hunt
Molly's one and only find!
The kids seemed to fight a lot more when we were at home, so Wendy and I tried to plan fun little outings to keep them entertained. On Wednesdays you get in to the little zoo for only $1.
The kids loved it!
Sequoia Park Zoo
(they were looking at the huge fake spider that I failed to capture on camera)
Northern California is famous for it's large Redwood National Forests....I don't think we drove a prettier drive than on the way to Wendy's. It was really curvy but holy cow it was beautiful! My family used to go to a place called Lady Bird Johnson Grove. There is an awesome trail to walk...it really brought back good memories. We would go there almost every Sunday. For those that are familiar with the Ewocks off of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi...this is where they filmed some of that. Not really sure which area of the Redwoods, but somewhere. So Wendy and I told the boys all the big huge trees they kept seeing that were hollowed out inside were the Ewocks houses, they just weren't home right now. The boys loved it!
Before our adventure began....
(I have a picture almost identical when my brothers and I were little...fun)
(Really shows how huge the trees are. They didn't even reach halfway with their arms stretched out!)
Next stop...THE BEACH! Now who doesn't love a good day at the beach...the sky was occasionally beautiful and the birds were chirping. It was about 50 degrees outside (but we are used to that!) but the wind was blowing so it felt like 30. OH well, we bundled the kids all up anyway (that's probably why my kids got sick 4 days after they were finally doing better....)
Northern California has some very beautiful beaches. Really dark grey sand, depending on beach you are at is whether it is soft sand or not. There are some beaches that have huge rock formations and cave like hide outs. I remember these beaches fondly. We only stayed at the beach for about 1/2 hour because it was so cold.
The Beach
The girls all bundled...looking thrilled.
Fun in the sand.
(We didn't let the kids go near the water because the undertow was massive...and it was freezing cold. Then a man walked by and told us to watch the kids very carefully because there has been 4 child drownings in the last three years at this beach. Umm. yah. Scary!)
Tanner flying his kite
(It was so windy that Tanner didn't have to do anything for his kite just to stay up in the air. He just stood there. But he still had so much fun!)
1 comment:
wow! Looks like a fun trip. You guys did a lot. Did you travel by yourself?
Post a Comment