May 4, 2009

One Perfect Bride

(Digi supplies by DigiDesigns by Nicole)
On Saturday my little sister got married. She is the youngest and last to get hitched. It was quite the amazing experience. The day before she invited the whole bridal party to spend the day with her and stay overnight. I was her MOH and Kim (sis in law), Hannah (friend), and Whitney (friend) were her bridesmaids. Since she has lived all over the place for so long and isn't really connected to a lot of her old friends and what not she didn't want me to throw her a bridal shower, so instead I took all the girls out to Olive Garden where we stuffed ourselves with Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks (not forgetting the Alfredo Dipping Sauce...mmmm yum!). I attached the above label to some of Britts favorite chocolate bars and Dr. Pepper for little favors for all the girls. Then we rushed back to the apartment where we finished up on final touches for the wedding. Then we rushed to the nail place where we got beautiful new fingernails. Then we headed to the Romanian Church in Portland...(did I mention her new hubby is full Romanian?) to the rehearsal. After which we went to Izzy's for a rehearsal dinner and everyone stuffed themselves again with all you can eat everything...(I had too much pesto, artichoke pizza....never had it before but was completely salivating after the first bite!) Then we rushed back to Britt's apartment in Vancouver to finish some more last minute wedding stuff, and pack her suitcase for Mexico, where she and Paul are on their honeymoon, using lots of hand sanitizer (I hope) so they won't contract the Swine Flu. We didn't get to bed until like 1:30 am because Brittney took a pill for her back that was spasming out and it totally hyped her up. And it was also blasted hot in her condo (like 81 degrees) that it was too warm to sleep and also we couldn't figure out how to get the air conditioner to work.



Britt the night before...


One last sisterly pose....


I snuck down to the salon below her condos and got a few pics.







And I now present to you...One Beautful Bride....Brittney Michelle Chapman!





Isn't she just gorgeous!



So we had pictures at 11 am before the wedding and we all waited outside while we waited for Britt and Paul to walk out. It was a little embarressing cuz the Farmers Market was going across the street in the park. The Starbucks by where we stood was full of people and everyone just stared! I don't like it when people stare....




But don't you love our dresses! My mom made them!


Here comes the Bride...(and groom)!


People started clapping when Brittney appeared!



Britt and Paul rode around in this old Roles Royce.


And I chauffered all us girls in my handy dandy minivan...(gosh, can't beat the minivan! lol!)

That's Kim and Hannah.


Me!


Cute little Whitney!


My hubby and Molly. So when they got to the church I tried to hold Molly and she just looked at me like I was a total stranger and started screaming! Not once during the whole night would she come to me and if I tried, she would freak out! We thought maybe she was mad at me cuz I left her for a whole night and she is in that separation stage. Well, she just kept looking at my hair and then back at me. And I do leave her about one night a week to work, so I figured it must have been the hair that freaked her out. I usually have very very straight hair. Yes, I did get my father's hair that doesn't have any body unless I use tons of product and a curling iron. So that night, after the reception we went to the hotel pool and I didn't get my hair wet but she was still just not wanting to come to me. After the pool I took a shower and then sat on the bed and she comes running over and flings herself at me and was just looking at me with the biggest smile on her face and laughing. She was so happy to have her "real" mommy back! After that she wouldn't let go of me. So funny!



McKade got a hold of my camera. Thus the intersting angle.





My cousin Brett's youngest boy Ty. He's such a cutie. It was the first time my boys and their boys really got to see eachother. They had a blast towards the end of the reception and we can't wait to get them back together in August.



With my parents.


It was a fun day! The ceremony was like 2 hours! McKade actually fell asleep for the whole thing! But there were like 4 different Romanian pastors that spoke and three soloist, and a couple different prayers, and the vows of course. It was very beautiful and of course I cried when Britt came in...and I cried when Britt walked out! She was just so beautiful and happy. I love my sister so much. I am so happy for her and Paul and I know they will make a happy life together. Congratulations to them!

3 comments:

Kimberchap said...

Cute post. :) Yay for Paul and Brittney!!

Rene said...

EXCITING! I've been wondering how it went... Thanks for the pic's. I'm glad you all had a good time. Brittney looks so happy! That's funny about Molly. I liked the pictures of your curly hair but maybe you shouldn't do it again for awhile for Molly's sake.

Clarissa said...

AWE! I love weddings. How fun. You looked beautiful Brook...as usual.