February 24, 2009

All Things Hawaii...Part 1

Saturday we are leaving for Hawaii, so my next couple posts are dedicated 100% to Hawaii and pics of our last trip there.



The PCC
There was a river boat show at PCC where all the different polynesian countries performed their dances. Their talent was amazing!



Even the guys could really dance!



At the PCC there are several villages you visit to learn about the cultures of Polynesian countries. Samoa was our favorite! The above is one climbing a tall cocnut tree to get a coconut.


The Samoan entertainer than cracked the coconut and peeled the shell with his bare hands. Definately a hard thing to do. The outer layers of a coconut are really strong. It's not like the coconut meat that you just buy in the store.

My little sister Britt just couldn't resist a picture with the funny guy. He was definately the exact opposite in appearence to her tall & skinny.

Dinner that night we went to the Luau...the Kalua Pig was excellent! So was our company...Matt's sister Lisa, who lived there at the time cuz her husband is in the airforce. It was so great to visit them and all our nieces & nephews that week. We miss them. However, now they are in Vegas, so we won't see them next week.


And our dinner entertainment. She got lots of whistles.
So the PCC was one day of our many spent in Hawaii. There was also a night show but due to the children's attention spans, it would have made for too long of a day. So we handed the tickets over to Matt's other sister Syl and her husband Pouli. They were also visiting Hawaii on their honeymoon, and it just so happened their trip ended up the same time as ours. Their flight too, even though it was entirely unplanned that way.
Stay tuned. More to come on All Things Hawaii....:-)














3 comments:

Rene said...

Are you going to the PCC again? I LOVED it! That was my favorite tourist activity there. Have you checked their weather report for next week? I picture myself in your suitcase so that I can lay on the beach all week, too. I asked Tanner today if I could sneak in his...he said no.

Unknown said...

LOL. I could just see Tanner saying that with such a serious look on his face too...such a sweet boy. I have been keeping track of the weather report and so far it looks super. I mean, what 80degee weather wouldn't be,when you live in WA.

RR said...

Hey we need to get together. I didn't know you knew Crystalyn. She used to be one of my really good friends and I haven't spoken to her in ten years. email me your phone number racheljohnson5@yahoo.com