Aloha!
Here is a shortened account of our trip to Hawaii last week. First of all, the weather report just went from good, to bad, to worse. By midweek, we were completely doused with showers. It was like being in a warm Washington. For months, I had built up this huge picture perfect vision in my brother's mind of what Hawaii was going to be like. He had never been and we wanted to take Bry and his wife Kim and their son Jax who is 6 months old, so they could share with us something we love. So the first two days were great for us (very windy) but great. We soaked up the sun....it was so nice! And then the rains came down..... and didn't want to stop.....
We had a bunch of pics so I just put together some collages to I wouldn't have to upload every single picture.
The Boys
(they were two years older this trip since our last...made a huge difference on their beach and water abilities....they loved it!)

Molly
(This girl has been a natural born water lover! A girl after my own heart...)

Hale akala
(The house we stayed at. The beach was right across the lawn. Due to the wind and riptide we didn't get to swim, but there was a little "alligator pond" (the rock was shaped like an alligator head) that the kids played in even though it was cold. We searched for crabs under rocks. Found a few and man, those things are fast! Freaked me out a couple times....yikes! Depsite the weather it was still a very beautiful beach with powder sugar fine sand. The north shore is completely beautiful...no matter what!
(The trees were really great with tons of vines. We watched the sunset at Pipeline. Matt schucked his first coconut (much harder than you would think!). Enjoying shave ice at Matsomotos...last time my flavors I picked were gross. This time I got green apple, cherry, and mango with ice cream on the bottom. (YUM). Bottom pics are at Laie Point. So pretty there!
(Matt had already been the previous two years, so he watched Tanner and Molly and I took McKade out to the memorial with me. He really liked it. He actually listened to the explanations and was interested.)

I do have some pics of Pipeline and some video of the waves but that will be saved for my next post. Kids need to get to bed. We need to maintain a better schedule....we have had some serious jet lag....

I do have some pics of Pipeline and some video of the waves but that will be saved for my next post. Kids need to get to bed. We need to maintain a better schedule....we have had some serious jet lag....
On a final note, a friend from Oahu wrote my Facebook and told me the weather has been perfect since Sunday....GO FIGURE! Oh well, always better luck next year!


2 comments:
I'm so jealous that you were in Hawaii that I almost couldn't click on your blog.:) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!
Oh, how fun! We need to go back! I think next time we'll have to go in the summer though cause last time we went in the spring it rained on us too.
Post a Comment