As a young girl, 5, I found a great joy sitting in front of a piano. It was my release when I felt troubled, my comfort when sad, my strength when I felt weak. For 13 years I let the music fill my soul while my fingers played over the keys. It was my love. Life happened, and as a young adult leaving home it was pushed to the bottom of the list. My mom bought me a piano to take with me, but the keys sat collecting dust. Still, the inspiration I feel from listening to this music makes my heart fill a little fuller and beat a little faster.
Recently my wonderful sister in law posted on her blog about the amazing and heartbreaking journey of a family who's daughter was born with a heart defect. Reading about Gracie and without knowing her personally I found tears falling and sobs escaping. And it brought me to ponder my life, my family, and my beautiful children to an even greater extent. I felt that Heavenly Father has given us these gifts to cherish, love, and nurture during their lives on this earth. It is not in our vision to know exactly when and how they might be taken back home to live with Him again. Gracie's life was a battle from the start, a struggle to survive from day to day, only to still end at such a sweet and innocent 11 months. She is in paradise, free from any pain and suffering. It is her family that is left behind feeling loss, grief, pain, and will miss her everyday. Gracies family will be together with her again someday. It's a great testimony her parents shared time and time again during their blog posts. It has been less than a month since she passed away. Please pray for this family that they might continue to feel the peace of the spirit surrounding them as they grieve for their littlest angel.
Gracies mom has a music playlist on Gracies blog. http://thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/ . This is the music Gracie listened to.
It features several musical numbers by a musician by the name of Paul Cardall. http://paulcardall.com/ . who is an adult but has also had a heart condition his whole life and is currently waiting a heart transplant. As I sat and listened to this soothing music, mostly piano, it brings me a feeling of inspiration. An inspiration to be the best mom I can be to the three wonderful children that I have. To hug and hold them to me a little tighter each and every day that I am blessed to have them. The miracle of recieving these spirits into my life has made me a better person. They have taught me what unconditional love really means.
2 comments:
Wow! I checked out that blog and it was one of the most difficult things to read...mostly because of the tears. Heartbreaking. Your post was so heart felt and sincere. We all have to have those serious moments sometimes.
Good reminder to hold our kids a little tighter and say the "I love you"'s a little more!
Post a Comment